Remember the Kevin Bacon game? The one that always ended with Apollo 13? The one that used to cause drunken fistfights? Yeah, good times. Wait, I hated that game! But only because the people who liked it were annoying; not because I sucked at it, I swear.
Anyway, after an office discussion today, it came to light that I, myself, can be connected to Kevin Bacon. Unfortunately, I couldn’t remember how. After a half an hour with IMDB, I managed to figure it out. It was such a heroic effort, I thought I’d pass it along.
- I was in Sudden Death, with Jean Claude Van Damme.
- Jean Claude Van Damme was in Universal Soldier, with Dolph Lundgren. (stay with me, now.)
- Dolph Lundgren was in Johnny Mnemonic with Keanu Reeves (see, I told you it would work out.)
- Keanu Reeves was, of course, in The Matrix, with Laurence Fishburne.
- Laurence Fishburne was in Mystic River, with Kevin Bacon.
Go ahead, fact-check me on IMDB. Not that you’ll find my name anywhere in the credits. But trust me, I was the pink blurry dot in the nosebleed seats of the Civic Arena, eating a hot dog. The rest of it, though, that’s all totally documented on the internet, man.
And since there are only 5 degrees, you too can someday be connected to Kevin Bacon! We just need to be in a movie together. Call my agent.
-dontfeedthetiki (is not a cardboard cutout)