Today I summoned my inner 80s child and repaired our rabbit ears! (Antenna-rigging is like a lost art, man. I love it.) The cats snapped one completely off, and it’s been messing with our reception. So I slipped a slightly bent paperclip inside, in the hollow part, then slid the broken end onto the paperclip. I did this for stability. Then I wrapped the new joint in tinfoil, because… well, because that’s just what you use on a bad antenna. Then I gave the whole patched area a solid layer of duct tape.
And it works, reception is MUCH better! Yeah, I know rabbit ears aren’t expensive, but I figure they’re also not worth the trip to K-Mart. And I’m so proud of my handiwork! Let’s see how long this lasts.